Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Release Day of Strawberry Wine by Michelle Hughes


This Valentines Day, Tears of Crimson invites you to remember  your first love with Strawberry Wine.

Everyone remembers their first love.


For me he was the one that swept me off my feet with just a look and showed me just how bad it hurts to have a broken heart.  Luke was many years older than me and a player.  His idea of a good time was seeing how many women he could get to fall into his bed.  Needless to say my heart wasn't the only one broken by him.  Years after he drifted out of my life I still ached for him.  I'm not even sure you could call what I was doing living after he left.  But time continued to move on.

I grew up, got a college degree, and moved to the big city to escape my life along with the memories of him.  Fates a real bitch though.  Just when I thought I could finally forget the lover who'd destroyed my soul, I walked head first into his den.  I'm a journalist now, and my first assignment?  Covering the opening of Luke's new tattoo parlor.  Like I said, fate.  One look into his blue eyes and I'm remembering drinking strawberry wine and falling into his bed ready to forget how easily he walked out of my life.

My only sanity?  My best friend and roommate, Jake.  He's that guy that you can always depend on, the one you have to call your friend because he's just too sweet to be anything else.  There was no doubt I was going to end up sleeping with Luke, the only question was could Jake save me from myself when he broke my heart again.  The truth is love wasn't really what I felt for Luke.  Obsession would be closer to the real truth.  I know he's the worst thing that could ever happen in my life, but he was like chocolate.  Once you get a taste you don't care how bad it is for you, you've got to indulge.

Purchase Links:  Amazon


Behind the Book:   Writing Strawberry Wine was like taking a walk down memory lane with all the tears, joy, and reminders of what it was like to be young and in a love for the first time.  I'll admit it, it broke my heart but in a very good way.  I'm hoping that's what readers feel when they take the journey with me.  I struggled with the title and changed it a dozen times, because it reminded me of a song I'd heard.  The problem was no other title really worked for this book and I came to the decision that those memories playing around in my head were there long before that song became a thought, and well it just had to be this way.

This is romantic fiction, but as with every book I write a small piece of my soul finds it way inside the pages.  Strawberry Wine just happened to hit me twice as hard.  I can't tell you how hard it is to write when tears are streaming down your cheeks.  It brought back so many things that I'd left in the past on purpose.  Maybe in a way writing this book was therapeutic for me.  I could ramble on for days about how much I needed to write this story, but I won't.  I hope you enjoy the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment