Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Rx For Love Release Day - Michelle Hughes









 




I thought I knew where my life was going.  Which goes to show that we don’t know anything.  I had the perfect life.  A husband who loved me, getting the promotion as the head of our cardiopulmonary department, and a life plan that gave me purpose. Then with one fail swoop, everything was destroyed.  Finding your sister in bed with the love of your life puts things in a different perspective.  Discovering that she’s stealing your dream makes you question every thought you’ve ever had.

I lost everything except my medical career.  The one place where my life wasn’t falling apart around me.  Until it was.  Dr. Eric James was our head of ER physician, and maybe if I hadn’t had a life plan I’d never have noticed him in the way a woman discovers a man.  Maybe I’d never known what passion was before him.  I came to him in a moment of weakness, and he mended a part of me I thought was broken forever.  Life has a way of screwing up even the best things that have ever happened to you. 


Trauma.  When reality crashes into a fantasy, sometimes it’s hard to catch your breath.  I knew the right thing to do but giving up when a person’s life was in my hands went against everything I was taught.  Love doesn’t follow the right rules.  Unlike a medical emergency, there is no plan for survival.  What I needed was a prescription for love that wouldn’t destroy the tiny part left of me still fighting to live.

She worked as a respiratory technician after ending her career in music to raise a family.  Michelle lives with her husband and five children, along with her mother and their best friend fur baby, Mark the dog.  Writing is her escape from everyday life but she’s always happy to return to the family that make her life worth living.  Find out more by following the links listed below.

WHERE TO FIND MICHELLE:











No comments:

Post a Comment